Sunday 1 March 2015

THE IGLOO CHALLENGE | Season 5 Finale + Final Thoughts!



Hey guys, Mist here.

No, it is not TIC Day unfortunately. This post features the Season Finale of the fifth season of The Igloo Challenge, which aired almost two weeks ago.

Check out the season's hilarious bloopers and outtakes below. More importantly, find out who won: Ellie Cp or Verde Sal?


That was a close one!

Click "Read More" below to read my personal thoughts on Innovation Incorporation, Season 5 as a whole, and a very special announcement!

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.


Round 5: Innovation Incorporation - RECAP
This is a type of challenge that we all do unknowingly. For example, if you have made a toilet in your igloo, then you've basically done this challenge. But just like all season, the item had to stand out in some way.

I love the way I edited the season recap in the beginning. Highlighted every task and the highs and lows of them. Bittersweet montage for the eliminated ones. Who will win? Bam.

I shortened the intro because I thought the recap was so long that the intro wasn't necessary anymore (also, it would lengthen the episode as a whole...).

Shoutout to Alex for coming up with the idea of holograms as the challenge introduction. Extra shoutout to him for teaching me how to do it, lol. It was a pain, but I think it came out great.

(Fun Fact: Originally, the Top 2 contestants were going to meet the Judges at the table in the Command Room eye-to-eye. Not as cool as holograms!)

Confessionals (where the contestants confess to the camera about their thoughts). Verde Sal seems pretty confident, while Ellie seems pretty nervous (what's new?).

And now, we cut to the Finale Evaluation Studio. To tie in with the whole "spy" theme, I incorporated tubes to make for a grand entrance by the Judges! Came out pretty neat, huh. Annnd I gave the Top 2 their own little tube as well.

And now, the igloos...

First up, Verde Sal. He clearly got some inspiration from Alex's Enchanted Forest a while back. I really like how tis came out; however, some items were really random and misplaced. Why are the bird baths and wishing well on top of the water..? I really do appreciate how he made the igloo look completely filled and almost "bigger" than Club Penguin's limits. As for his dinosaur, interesting...

Fantasy Garden by Verde Sal

Next, Ellie. When I first saw this igloo, I didn't like the cabin too much. Looking at this now, I like it just a little more. I do still think that there's a bit of a color imbalance between brown and the lighter color. For some reason, it just looks "abandoned" to me, like I really think some seating or ANYTHING could have been added to the bottom. It's very realistic though, basically a Club Penguin room. Nice zamboni, but it looks like a cardboard cutout.

Ski Resort by Ellie Cp
And that's it... the Judges now have to make their decision. To be honest, this was an EXTREMELY hard decision to make. I probably say that a lot, but here, I'm not exaggerating. In one aspect, one contestant would cancel out the other, and in another, it would be the opposite.

In the end, we chose Verde Sal because his igloo stood out more. If Ellie's igloo was turned in on any round, she would have probably easily won. But in this round, her igloo was just basic compared to Sal's. While Ellie did perform better throughout, this one was Sal's to win. Congratulations.

This final challenge made me realize that we should stick to having the Top 2 contestants making the SAME igloo. This way, it's easier to compare. So there's my lesson learned for Season 6.

Wait. Season 6? There's my special announcement. The Igloo Challenge will return for a special sixth season in June! Major changes include public voting, the Judges acting as Mentors, and more. This will be one you won't want to miss - or one you WILL want to be part of! If you think you've got any igloo talent, let us know! We are currently looking for contestants who can make igloos just like the above ones, and even better. All you have to do is send us a screenshot of your igloo. You can do that by emailing me at miststudios@gmail.com, commenting, messaging me on YouTube, anything, and we will consider you.

Back to Season 5: although this was a short season, it was definitely my favorite one, competition-wise. The contestants didn't slack off in their igloos (cough, Season 4) and the challenges were certainly more interesting than Seasons 3 and 4. The only thing that this season sucked at was the drama. Hopefully more of that can occur in Season 6, lolz.

Thank you for putting up with my long posts, if you bothered reading them.

-Blackmist100

17 comments:

  1. CONGRATS SAL U TO ELLIE :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well nice job! Ellie hey can you a video of old time you were playing club penguin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure what you're asking

      Delete
    2. Im saiding is to talking about the past of you playing club penguin in the old time like you start club penguin in 2008 or 2009 you film it and show it

      Delete
    3. You want me to make a video about how I used to play club penguin in the past and talk about it?

      Delete
  3. I though CP won't allow to said bad words.club penguin could had been ban you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really would like to be on TIC Season 6! Here's a igloo back when CP had the Pirate Party, http://prntscr.com/59qj2u called Rockhopper's River Rapids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome igloo. Is there a way I can contact you privately, like Twitter or email?

      Delete
    2. Sure, you can email me at icey28cp@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Lol, did anybody realise that when they are confessing their thoughts, Ellie said, "I'm really nervous" Omg Ellie repeat it, it's gonna be her new catchphrase!

    ReplyDelete