Thursday 23 April 2015

New Blog Series - Ellie's #TBT

Hey guys!

Ellie here. As the school year comes to a close, I've been totally swamped in work (especially now, as testing begins), and I haven't had much time to come up with new designs. Thus, I've decided to take a page out of Mel's book, and start posting "throwback" igloos in order to do share designs whilst focusing on school.

These #TBTs (which stands for throwback Thursday to those who aren't familiar with social media) will be posted every first and last Thursday of each month from now until the end of June, when I'll be able to start making igloos again.

Like Mel's Throwbacks, these igloos, a combination of old works and TIC entries, will allow you guys to rate and give suggestions on some of my past not-so-perfect designs. And, by June, the top three tbts (based upon views and comments) will be remade using your advice! I look forward to seeing which ones you want me to remake.

Since it is in fact Thursday, I will be starting today! There will be a tbt next Thursday as well, and then I will continue with the previously stated posting schedule.

Without further ado, let's check out my first #tbt!




Wow, it'd be crazy not to start with this one! For those of you who don't recognize it, this was the igloo that started it all for me! Back in August, when I 'auditioned' to be an author on the blog, this Ancient Rome igloo was my submission that landed me this position, and it helped me to have been discovered for TIC as well. 

This igloo includes:
  • An aqueduct
  • Two market stands, selling fruit and fish
  • A Roman villa
  • A well of some sort (I assume one that channelled water from the aqueduct) 

Well, while I'm still pretty proud of this one, looking at it a second time really makes the errors apparent. What do you guys think? Be sure to rate and comment below with suggestions.

See you next Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I remember this igloo. I love the market stalls and the roman villa with the roof design. The aqueduct is cool too but might need some adjusting if you made it again. 8.5/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except there's nothing worth changing in this igloo????? idk maybe the format on the right but this is perfect to me
    but majorrrr throwbackkk
    - Confirm w/ me at MM if you think I'm fake

    ReplyDelete