Monday 24 August 2015

Universidade de Coimbra (University of Coimbra) Inspired Igloo

Hey guys! It's Mel here. Today I bring you an original idea based on the oldest university of Portugal and one of the oldest in the world, as well as in my opinion, one of the best.

The igloo I present to you is an Universidade de Coimbra (University of Coimbra) Inspired Igloo. Woo!


Brief description of the building which this igloo was inspired in:

The University of Coimbra (UC), the oldest in Portugal and one of the oldest in the world, is also one of the best known and internationally celebrated, being a national landmark. With a history of more than seven centuries, presently UC has eight faculties, more than 45 research units and several other services that support the institution core activities – creation, critical analysis, transmission and diffusion of culture, science and technology. Through research, teaching and services to community, UC contributes to the economic and social development, environmental protection, social justice and citizenship promotion and consolidation of knowledge-based sovereignty.


The igloo:




What does it include?
  • The building
  • A clock tower
  • x2 lamp posts
  • Street with zebra-crossing and marks
  • x4 Hedge Trees to give it a neutral look

If you want to  make a detailed window like mine on the the top section of the building, you will need 2 Coffee Tables and a guitar stand. Place the coffee tables one above the other and the guitar stand and ta-da!! There you have it. Place whatever walls or items you want to use underneath and on the sides to hide the ''rough edges''.
Note: this has been previously used by other authors, like Netsky,  and I don't claim this idea to be mine. Although me and Netsky used this idea, the real creator of the table window is Cheezloversmw, a very creative igloo maker that uses the oddest items in the funnest ways!

 
And that's about it guys! Although, as I said above, this is an inspired igloo. I inspired myself in the building and recreated some of the parts, whilst giving it a ''touch of me'' aswell.

What do you think? Did you like it? Comment below!

See you on the next post!

~Mel

2 comments:

  1. great igloo. thank you for giving credit for the window idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :).
      I had to. I know it's not mine and was originally used by you, which by the way, is a very creative idea. I really like the use of it :). I'll edit right away with your name so people can know who truly invented it.

      Delete