Monday 20 October 2014

Haunted Mansion - Ellie vs. Alley

Hey Guys!

Hope you're all enjoying October so far,
I don't know about you, but Alley and I are pretty excited for Halloween. So much so in fact, we came up with the same idea - a haunted mansion interior. And, seeing as both of us were dying to do it, we decided to turn it into a little competition.

Let's take a look:

ELLIE'S Haunted Mansion: 
Hey guys,
     So for my mansion, I decided to try and keep it consistent (in terms of color and items used), as well as realistic (in terms of keeping it low-tech - making it look older and less modern). My mansion includes: an entrance, a study, a simple kitchen, and an upstairs dining room with opposing hallways leading to the rest of the house. Naturally, I would've loved to add more detail, but hit item limit.

*
*I decided to show you guys mine in editing mode to remove the annoying bot


ALLEY'S Haunted Mansion:
Hey guys, Alley here,
      20 years ago lived a wise old penguin in this very mansion. Every time he came home he liked to sit by the fireplace and glance into his crystal ball to see what the future held for him. When he had guests over, he liked to take them to the room on the bottom left and play them a song on his piano. Of course, he always left baked goods on the table for the guests to eat as a quick snack before dinner. At dinner he went up to the dining room and enjoyed a fine meal under the moonlight. Before bed he liked to go upstairs to the attic and talk to the spirits of the living dead. Then at bedtime he went to sleep in his king sized bed. Every night at midnight he got up and went downstairs to write letters to his relatives. Years passed by and soon the penguin had turned into a ghost. Some say his ghost can still be seen in the dining room.


NOTE : These igloos were made on Clubpenguin+ (CPPS) which allows any item to be placed anywhere within the igloo

So what do you think? Which mansion do you prefer? Let us know in the comments and rate out of 10!
Happy Halloween!

- Ellie & Alley

25 comments:

  1. These are both really good. (The items used were very similar) But overall, I think I liked Ellie's a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Igloos are wonderful! But I'm gonna have to go with alley, has more color and detail in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of them are so good but i think im gonna go with ellies

    ReplyDelete
  4. ellie can you plz tell me what you used for the background for your igloo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to - if you mean the bookshelves, I used the Monster Library Shelves, and if you mean the stonework, those are the Cozy Fireplaces. Because CP+ allows you to put items anywhere, I was able to use them as walls. Hope that helped!

      Delete
    2. sorry I meant the location you used sorry I also wanted to know is your friend list full?!

      Delete
    3. it shows on the top but I think you cut it out

      Delete
    4. Oh! I also used the space location like Alley, it's just not visible. Because I wanted to show the mansion in the editing mode, I had to cut it off a bit early.
      And no, my friend list is not full

      Delete
    5. thank you so much and fast reply

      Delete
    6. And I vote for Ellie 10/10 good job! May I ask how long it took to make the Haunted Mansion

      Delete
    7. I cant be able to add the wall items to the floor

      Delete
    8. oh nvm sorry I see cpps

      Delete
    9. It took about 3 days total, the work was kinda spread out. Thanks for your vote! :)

      Delete
  5. I like Ellie's better. It has more of that dark Halloween look and looks more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer Ellie's. As it seemed more indoors-y and more practical. Both have great aspects, however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really hard because they're so similar. I'm going to vote for Ellie because I felt the design was more effective as well as overall being neater. It did have some leveling issues though (hard to explain)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to vote Ellie, because I really liked the way she used the fireplaces. I also just noticed Ellie and Alley sounds so similar lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm voting for Ellie! It was a really hard choice though because both deserve perfect scores♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. my cockrocket died awkward won't be posting unless I can find. A way on my phone

    ReplyDelete