Sunday 18 January 2015

THE IGLOO CHALLENGE | Top 6 Results + Round 1 Recap!


Hey guys, Mist here.

Today's Sunday, which means a new episode of The Igloo Challenge!

Find out Ellie's score, the Judges' Winner of the Week, and the Elimination here.



Click "Read More" below to see my personal recap/thoughts of Basic Icebreakers (Round 1)!

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Round 1: Basic Icebreakers - RECAP
One of my favorite challenges from Season 4 was the Back to Basics challenge, in which the contestants had to make an igloo using only the Basic Igloo. It was such a unique challenge that I HAD to bring it back for Season 5. I decided to put a little twist on it this time around by having them make an igloo based on their given partner.

I'll be honest: the challenge sounded pretty good on paper, but it really ended up being a boring challenge if you ask me.

(Fun Fact: This was filmed way back in August 2014. Oh how time flies...)

The Igloo Challenge is a "big" show to put together. I am constantly filming the contestants stating their thoughts to the camera (also known as a confessional), the introductions to the challenge, the evaluation of the igloos, and the results. When it comes to editing time, LOTS of footage ends up getting cut. What you didn't see in this episode was each team interviewing each other with questions that would help them with their igloo. Why did I cut those parts? Like I said earlier: the challenge was just boring. Or was it the contestants... just kidding. It also has to do with the timing of the video. The second episode was 7 minutes long, and all that took place was... the judges talking. Imagine if I kept those interviews in the episode... nobody would watch it.

So, the second episode basically starts right off the bat with the evaluation. 

First up... Alley, who made a Fair for Lela5631. I have no idea what I was saying at the Judges' table... "It didn't look natural." Yeah.. I don't know. But I still don't think a Fair was the best idea. A Fair is really hard to make in a big/normal igloo, so why bother making one in a tiny Basic Igloo?

Lela5631 made a Haunted House for Alley. I never did and will understand why Alex1941 and Victoria liked this igloo so much. It literally looks like she put this igloo together in five minutes. Sorry, Lela!

Melanie made a Bookstore for Willjunior. I actually appreciate this igloo more than it seems on-screen. I still think putting a bookshelf inside a doorway wasn't the best idea. I know it's meant to be the best-selling books, but it wasn't quite clear the first time I saw this igloo.

Willjunior made a Puffle Play Place for Melanie. I really liked the bottom but as you move more up, the worse it gets (I hope you did not take that out of context). The wall was incomplete and the fact that the entrance/cave wasn't even centered was distracting.

Verde Sal made a Beach for Ellie. If the walls were a little neater, I might have given this a perfect score. Other than that, it's still a good igloo to me.



Ellie made a Sports Bar for Verde Sal. This was a really nice/modern/unique idea. The windows that are poking out on the sides still bother me to this day, however!

All 6 igloos are viewed... and it's time for the Judges to make their decision.

(Fun Fact: If you noticed, a few contestants were asked if they felt their partner did a good or bad job representing them in their igloos. We [judges] were kind of hoping that someone would add some drama by saying "no," but I guess this will be a drama-free season with happy, sharing carebears...)

I decided to bring back the Lounge for Season 5 due to popular demand. It wasn't in Season 4 because there were just way too many people competing and it was impossible for everybody to be online at once. With only 6 contestants this time around, a Lounge seemed fitting.

You only see like 30 seconds of the Lounge footage. That's 30 seconds out of 30 MINUTES. It was tough looking for parts that would fit into the episode...

Ha. Commercials. I think they add some suspense >:)
But I guess you guys probably skip them... whatever. :(

And we are finally back to the studio with the results. Drum roll...

Ellie Cp and Verde Sal are the Top 2 this week, with Ellie Cp as the overall winner!

Alley and Willjunior are the Bottom 2, which means Melanie and Lela5631 are SAFE.

Finally, Willjunior is eliminated and sent home. He screwed up...

Alley comes into the Lounge and announces that she is safe. The contestants are happy, as they all get to live another day.



Next time...
The Top 5 attends the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, where they'll find out that they'll be model-ing apartments.
Watch it FRIDAY, JANUARY 23rd on BCP!

-Blackmist100

8 comments:

  1. Will you EVER show us how to make any of the stages?? I think those are really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Or was it the contestants" yeah it actually was tbh the thing I liked about series 3 and 4 was the drama and interaction between the contestants. This season, just having the igloos and commercials is kinda boring so I think the parts you cut could've been kept in. People would've watched anyway in my opinion. The contestants this series all seem to like each other and are all seemingly playing it too safe because they're being filmed idk? But they seem to be kinda bland and even after the "meeting contestants" episode I still think we haven't established personalities or any connections with them yet. Mel, Ellie, Alley and Sal are all lovely people and it's probably because I know them that I connect with them whilst watching the episode more than the others (which happens to just be 2). This leads to another problem. The limited number of contestants means that straight after the first episode where we get to know the 6 contestants, one is immediately eliminated. At least with the previous series, the top 10 had to go through a week of auditions first and this helped us find out who they were and their style of igloos, instead of simply telling us about them and then eliminating one after one episode. I hope these problems can be resolved by series 6, which I hope to appear in, assuming it is being filmed in the summer. So. As I said, more contestants, more personality and more connection is needed. -Joey

    P.S Lela's igloo sucked she should've gone out first. I thought it went Mel, Sal, Ellie, Alley, Will and Lela but I guess the judges thought otherwise. Parabéns, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naw the contestants have lots of personality behind the scenes, it just for some reason wasn't captured.
      YET AGAIN, when we filmed, the contestants were DEAD SILENT while the judges were talking like ??? I was like "You guys can talk you know" but o
      we removed auditions because we thought that was getting old, like there were the obvious standouts and the obvious bad ones that wouldn't make it in the Top 10/6
      btw yeah TIC6 will most likely be filmed around May/June

      Delete
    2. If I was on tic I probably would not shut up

      Delete
  3. And thanks mist someone realises Will's igloo was better than Lela's. Hers really did look like it was assembled in 5 minutes a typical abominable igloo in my opinion. and on your point "the show would just be boring... Or was it the contestants" the show is not boring. The themes and structure of the majority of this season so far is great. It is the contestants. I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete