Wednesday 12 November 2014

Mall Igloo

Hey guys! Today I have created an igloo that I am quite proud of; a mall igloo! As some of you may have already seen, I recently got assigned mall for the November Igloo Challenge. After my first draft of my first attempt, I realized that a mall would be a difficult task for me, due to my desire to add many elements and the easily-reachable 99 items rule. I encountered many revises and finally decided to start over resulting in yet another rough draft that went through many edits to reach what I wanted. Anyways, this igloo includes two escalators, a fish fountain, a snack stand, four shops (two clothes stores, one sports shop, and one book store), and two directories. Check it out!
Alex1941's Mall
Comment what you think below with a score out of 10! Feedback is highly appreciated. Sorry for the lengthy post I just wanted to address a few things.

7 comments:

  1. 8/10
    This igloo is really really full which is good, Its also quiet colorful which is good!
    I love the way how you used Tredmills as stairs and I like the OPEN signs behind the windows.
    I also like the way how you've used a item to make it look like a Map.
    My favourite room is the Clothes Shop because its really fashionable!
    Good job, My favourite igloo you've made yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative igloo! But i dont agree with abi bout the colors. The colors are every where from bright blue to dark. Plus the shops are too small. It looks like u used too many diffrent items. And i wish u could have change the scene because over to my left i noticed a crater telling me u used the moon. If u hadnt use the moon scene then the crater wouldnt be there.although i love the entrances and the escalators and i think the pond i sooooo fine!! Although the igloo was really nice and one of the best i seen.
    might as well give it a 8/10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of the open signs, and the airport signs thing. The esculator was creative. I wish you covered the floor in the doorways because you can see the craters in the upper doorways. I also wish the fountain was in line with the food counter below. Wooden walks were a little messy because there is a gap between the two rows. I didn't really like the use of the benches with the fountain. 8/10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout! I agree with Lela on the colors though. There's also some messiness, with the flooring as well as the ability to see the creator, alignment, etc. I also agree with Harry about the fountains. Really well done overall though, malls are pretty tough. 8.5/10

    ReplyDelete
  5. ThePersonInYourPants16 February 2016 at 03:34

    I like it. Really creative! Love the use of treadmills as escalators. Also like the sign thing that looks like a map. One question what item is that? Fountain is nice too. Now on to negatives. I'm not sure I personally like the floor. I could see a crater poking out and overall the walkways were just messy. The colors really pop out at you-not that this is bad-and I'm not sure that's the vibe I'd go for. Anyway maybe around 9/10. Great job!

    ReplyDelete