Monday 24 November 2014

NOVEMBER IGLOO CHALLENGE RESULTS

It's Monday which means the November Igloo Challenge is over! Before I announce the winner, here is what I am looking for when judging your igloos :
  • Does it look like the igloo idea I set you?
  • How have you taken the idea and been creative with it?
  • Did you master the basic idea?
  • ^Only then will I pay attention to fine details like colour scheme, tidiness etc.
Let's take a look at all of our entries :

Winter By 007 Bond 50
Hospital By Akiva
Garden By Awkward Taco
Mall By Alex1941
Cabin By Blackmistcp
Forest By Cheezlovermw
Dock By Cutiepie
Jail By Ellie Cp
School By Fabby Abi
Summer By Geeing
Cafe By Lela5631
Carnival By Melanie
Aquarium By Tiny
Beach By Verde Sal
Town by Lildudee10
It was not hard to pick a winner because no one really stood out for me to be truthful. But I think on the whole, everyone gave it their best shot. Let's take a look at the runners up :

RUNNER UP : Jail by Ellie Cp
RUNNER UP : Carnival By Melanie
And FINALLY, time to announce the winner..... *Drum Roll* *Dramatic Music*
WINNER : Cabin By Blackmistcp
Congrats Blackmist! Why did you win? You took the basic idea and you were creative with it...
  • You created an original cabin design
  • Your igloo had elevation
  • Creative elements such as the steps design, wood barriers, winter theme.
Well done! As for Melanie and Ellie, congratulations for being runners up as well. 

I would also like to give a special shoutout to Tiny238, who I think is the non-author winner, Well done!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats Mist! And thanks Harry (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol they're all authors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mist! And great job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mist! I knew you'd win your igloo is so perf :D Congrats to the runners up too Ellie + Mel<333 ~Lil

    ReplyDelete
  5. it wasn't a good idea to let the authors join this contest, the top 3 are all authors so it's not really fair. the next contest should be a non-author one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tbh i think its completely fair to let authors in bcoz most of the authors would never attempt such basic ideas and it was probably a chalenge for them too

      Delete
    2. Wow. As much as I can respect your opinion, I'll tell ya that the authors here, are some of the best in the community and this blog showcases their talent. The point of the November Igloo Challenge was to display other than the authors' work. If they choose to take part, then why not? Why shouldn't they?

      Delete
    3. It's not really a contest like you said, It's a "challenge". I decided to pick 3 people who did the best at the challenge but there are no prizes. Since it's a challenge, you take on that challenge and this post showcases everyone's results. If this challenge was posted somewhere else and the same people entered, those 3 would still stand out and they wouldn't be authors. Just like Bubbles and Anonymous2 said.

      Delete
    4. This was to see who can master or take on a basic idea. Who said the authors were good at Jails, or Towns, or Carnivals, etc.? It was a challenge for us. I didn't get a prize – so not a contest.

      Delete
  6. Congrats mist! Even though I didn't join, I think your igloo stood out to me overall! A December challenge would be really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't expecting this because Harry gave me a lot of criticism for my igloo... thanks Harry & good job to everyone who took part. Congrats to Mel/Ellie for runner ups & Tiny238 for winning as a non-author

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg im late, congrats mist, including ellie, mel, and tiny! and great job for all who preticapated!

    ReplyDelete