Friday 25 July 2014

Rem's Igloo Tips #1: Neatness

Hey everyone! Rem here, with an EXCLUSIVE series just for the Creative CP Igloo Ideas blog! It's called 'Rem's Igloo Tips'. In this series I will be explaining and showing some tips/advice that I use everyday in my own igloo-making. I will try to post some tips every few days, so bear with me. I hope you'll enjoy!

NOTE: THIS SERIES IS NOT A VIDEO SERIES, IT'S JUST WRITING AND PICTURE EXAMPLES

Today in 'Rem's Igloo Tips' I will be talking about one of the most crucial parts of igloo-making, neatness. Neatness is one of the main ideologies in igloo-making. It is one of the main things that people look at when rating an igloo. It's very important to think about neatness while making an igloo as neatness very much affects then general look of the igloo, as well as the reputation of your igloo-making. I always try to look out for neatness while I make my igloos and rate other igloos. Here are some tips to make your igloos look very neat: 

1. When you are lining items up next to each other, try to use another strait-edged item to make the items that you are lining up more neat and straight. Here's an example: 



2. Flooring also affects neatness. If you have different types of flooring it's going to look very weird and not very neat. Use the same types of flooring in your igloo or have the same types of flooring in the same area of the igloo, to make your igloo look more neat. Here's an example of how using the same flooring makes an igloo look more neat: 


(When using wooden walks, use an item to cover the diagonal sides)

3. Neatness ties into many other important crucial parts of igloo-making. So always try to incorporate neatness into color scheme, organization, etc. You may not think it, but almost all ideologies in igloo-making tie together, and if you realize this, and you know the ideologies, you can make great igloos. Neatness is one of the ideologies, so like I said before, always try to incorporate neatness into every aspect of your igloo!

Well, I hope these tips have helped! Try to use them the next time you are igloo-making and let me know in the comments how it went!


7 comments:

  1. Rem, your like a genius for using the red light as a ruler, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra tip for the wooden walk: Use a straight item to cover the diagonal edge! I suggest gardens (of course, if it's appropriate/relevant for the igloo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red laser as a ruler, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Other important parts: colour, creativity, originality, quantity etc.

    ReplyDelete